If you have changed your mobile number, it is important to update and link the same with your Universal Account Number (UAN). Know how to register a changed mobile number with the EPFO using your UAN.
EPFO has made provisions for its members to avail of various services through SMS on the registered mobile number. Members can register their mobile numbers in the EPFO database online through the EPF member portal in a few clicks. It is also very easy to change your mobile number in your EPF account by visiting the UAN member portal.
If you are not there already, here is how you register your mobile number in the EPF account: When a UAN is generated, you have to activate your UAN by visiting the EPFO member portal. You have to follow the steps mentioned below to activate your UAN:
- Visit EPFO Member Portal
- Click on “Activate UAN”
- Enter your UAN, Aadhaar number, name, date of birth, mobile number and captcha code
- Now click on “Get Authorization Pin”
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number
Enter the OTP to activate your UAN and this mobile number will also be registered with your EPF account.
Once your mobile number is registered with your UAN, all SMS communication by EPFO will be carried out through this number. You can also change this number online in a few simple steps:
- Go to the EPFO Member e-SEWA website.
- Log in to your account with your UAN credentials.
- Go to the Manage tab and select the contact details option. The prevailing mobile number and email ID will reflect on your screen.
- Select the detail you want to update, either the mobile number or email ID.
- Enter the new mobile number or email ID and request to get an authorisation PIN.
- A 4-digit PIN will be sent to your new mail ID or mobile number. Enter the PIN and save the changes.
Your EPF account will now be updated with the new PIN and mail ID.