30 C
New Delhi
Saturday 4 July 2020

India avenges Uri terror with surgical strike across LoC; WhatsApp post claims Pak casualty 60-70

New Delhi: In a first, India carried out surgical strikes on seven terror launch pads across the LoC with the Army inflicting “significant casualties” on terrorists preparing to infiltrate from PoK, days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi warned Uri attack would not go unpunished.

Seven terror launch pads across the Line of Control(LoC) were targeted by the Army on the intervening night of 28 and 29 September in a nearly five-hour-long operation during which heliborne and ground forces were deployed, Defence sources said today.

They said the launch pads in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) were in the range of 2 to 3 km from the LoC and were under surveillance for over one week while Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu said the strikes targeted 5-6 places along Kupwara and Poonch in Jammu and Kashmir. Naidu said there was no casualty on the Indian side.

The announcement of the strikes that came 11 days after the attack by Pakistan-based terror outfit JeM on an Indian army camp in Uri in Kashmir over which Modi had said the attackers will not go “unpunished” and that they will not be forgiven and the sacrifice of 18 jawans will not go in vain.

The announcement was made by DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh.

After the Uri terror attack, the NDA government faced intense pressure for a strong response against Pakistan.

Unconfirmed reports said around 40 terrorists were present in the seven launch pads and they may have been killed. However, there was no official word on it.

“Based on very credible and specific information which we received yesterday that some terrorist teams had positioned themselves at launch pads along the Line of Control with an aim to carry out infiltration and terrorist strikes in Jammu & Kashmir and in various other metros in our country, the Indian army conducted surgical strikes last night at these launch pads,” Gen Singh told a news conference during which External affairs ministry spokesman Vikas Swarup was also present.

Pakistan, however, dismissed as “fabrication of truth” India’s claim that it has conducted a military operation across the LoC to target terrorist launching pads, terming it as a “quest” by India to create media hype by rebranding cross-border fire as a surgical strike.

“There has been no surgical strike by India, instead there had been cross border fire initiated and conducted by India which is an existential phenomenon,” Pakistan army said in a statement in Islamabad.

WhatsApp message gone viral

A WhatsApp message claiming to quote military intelligence is being circulated frantically in the instant messaging site between groups, wherein almost every sender is claiming that the original sender is known to him! It is an account of how the Indian Army carried out the surgical strikes in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir across the Line of Control, which ends with an estimate of Pakistani toll of 60 to 70, mostly terrorists and some regular soldiers of the Pakistan Army.

The message follows unedited.

Sources at MI Dte say more than 38 were killed (these were the ones they could count, there were many who were shredded to bits due to use of weapons like RPO flame throwers, Carl Gustafs etc. He says these guys were the stragglers who escaped the main camps that were targeted during the previous covert strike on the main camps (my guess is they were targeted with arty).

The main camps were deeper in POK around (12-20km) Those pigs who escaped the first onslaught were then painstakingly tracked through drones/comms to well disguised newly erected made shift launching pads. IA decided to share their movements over the last days with PMO. With the porkis playing cry baby and play hating on the international forum, IA/PMO decided that this message should be made loud and clear.

A platoon of Paras went in silent, HAHO from well inside our territory. Their target was 3 launching pads deeper into POK, around 2-3 km in. These were the larger groups, around 12 pigs at each site. Paras wasted them quietly, they didn’t know what hit them, they wasted the sentries with silenced sniper shots and most were slaughtered in their sleep. Ghataks from Dogra and Bihar opened up fire on the posts near 3 launching pads closer to the LOC (around 600m-1.2km in), the adjoining posts were destroyed rapidly :shoot:, this is where around 6-12 Pak Army manning the posts were killed, Porkis only claim 2 PA killed, bet only 2 bodies they could recover, the rest would have been mulch.

After turning the posts to rubble, Ghataks crossed over and destroyed the 3 launching pads where they killed smaller fidayeen squads of around 6 terrorists each. Ghataks went in loud, watching them close in with heavy fire at the 3rd launching pad, it appears one of the pigs blew himself up taking half his squad with him.

The death toll inflicted by the Ghataks is not clear because they used volleys from grenade launchers, RPO flame thrower, Carl Gustaf. A Ghatak got close enough to stab 2 bunched pigs with his hands.

While the op was coming to a close, it appears a couple of truckloads of SSG BATs & Rangers were sent in for reinforcements but when they arrived and saw the volume of fire coming from the Ghataks, they got back in their trucks and ran. Ghataks then covered the Para’s regress back.

The final estimate of toll is between 60-70 killed including at least 6-12 Pak Army.

I am glad they decided to make it public. Paltan ki izzat, especially for Bihar and Dogra, restored, they will, however, keep a low profile because there was nothing surgical about their role. Their role was much more akin to a hammer coming down hard. Sources say that the sheer speed and brute force of Ghataks in their role was some of the most beautiful IR drone footage caught in his recent memory. While the paras were surgical, they apparently looked so routine, like they had done it a thousand time before (and they have).

सिर्फ़ NEWS does not vouch for the authenticity of this claim. Since the message has gone viral, we believe it is news and hence we reproduced it.

The message had come to the fore after a private website claimed surgical strike days before the one that DGMO Ranbir Singh spoke about at a press conference yesterday. After the announcement by the DGMO, the message resurfaced with a vengeance, with the latest senders claiming it’s a description of the second strike and not the first one.

Follow Sirf News on social media:

For fearless journalism

%d bloggers like this: