Friday 27 May 2022
- Advertisement -

The Kashmir Files to be released in Muslim-dominated UAE

The Kashmir Files, showing Muslim atrocities on Hindus of the valley, is releasing in a country where 85% of the population is Sunni Muslim and the official religion is Islam

which has become a subject of intense debate and has triggered demands for justice for the persecuted Kashmiri Hindus is all set for release in al-ʾImārāt al-ʿArabīyah al-Muttaḥidah aka the UAE. The period showing Muslims of Kashmir tormenting the Hindus of the valley until they fled what was then a state in hordes, which actually happened in the late 1980s and early 1990s, will be released in the country where Islam is the official religion and Arabic is the official on 7 April.

Filmmaker Vivek Ranjan Agnihotri made the announcement on Twitter saying “BIG VICTORY:
FINALLY, got the censor clearance from UAE. Rated 15+ passed without any cuts. Releasing on 7th April (Thursday). Now, Singapore.”

A few days ago, Agnihotri had said that the had been banned in the UAE but the reason behind the ban was unknown. Agnihotri had said, “The movie is banned in the UAE. They said that we can’t show this film. The same is the case in Singapore and Qatar,” he said.

There are more Sunni than Shia Muslims in the UAE. As much as 85% of the Emirati population are Sunni Muslims, who happen to be the sect of Muslims that perpetrated the genocide and mass rapes of Hindus in Kashmir. The vast majority of the remainder of 15% of the UAE population are Shia Muslims, who are concentrated in the Emirates of Dubai and Sharjah.

The director today took to Twitter and revealed that the ban on the has finally been lifted and will release in the UAE on 7 April.

Anupam Kher celebrated the news.

has also recorded an impressive box office collection since its release. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh took to Twitter on Wednesday and revealed is inching towards the Rs 250 crore mark. He tweeted: “#TheKashmirFiles [Week 3] Fri 4.50 cr, Sat 7.60 cr, 8.75 cr, Mon 3.10 cr, Tue 2.75 cr. Total: ₹ 234.03 cr. #India biz. ALL-TIME BLOCKBUSTER.” The film will be entering week 4 this weekend.

Meanwhile, the British parliament has invited Agnihotri and his wife Pallavi Joshi (who also featured in the movie) to talk about the plight of Kashmiri Pandits. Speaking with Bollywood Hungama, the director confirmed the news. “That’s right, my wife Pallavi and I have been invited to the British parliament. We will be heading there next month. was made with the express purpose of taking the message of the Kashmir Pandits’ genocide to every corner of the world. I am glad we are getting there,” he said.

Contribute to our cause

Contribute to the nation's cause

Sirf News needs to recruit journalists in large numbers to increase the volume of its reports and articles to at least 100 a day, which will make us mainstream, which is necessary to challenge the anti-India discourse by established media houses. Besides there are monthly liabilities like the subscription fees of news agencies, the cost of a dedicated server, office maintenance, marketing expenses, etc. Donation is our only source of income. Please serve the cause of the nation by donating generously.

Join Sirf News on

and/or

Similar Articles

Comments

Scan to donate

Swadharma QR Code
Advertisment
Sirf News Facebook Page QR Code
Facebook page of Sirf News: Scan to like and follow

Most Popular

[prisna-google-website-translator]
%d bloggers like this: