3.5 C
New York
Wednesday 1 December 2021

Buy now

Ad

HomeEntertainmentShilpa Shetty, Raj Kundra, others accused of swindling Rs 1.51 crore

Shilpa Shetty, Raj Kundra, others accused of swindling Rs 1.51 crore

After being released on bail, Raj Kundra was spotted for the first time in public last week with wife Shilpa Shetty

|

A Mumbai-based businessman has lodged a case against Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty, her husband Raj Kundra and some other persons for allegedly duping him of Rs 1.51 crore, a official said on 14 November. The FIR was registered at Bandra police station based on a complaint by businessman Nitin Barai.

The complainant alleged that in July 2014, Kaashif Khan, the director of SFL Fitness company, along with Shilpa Shetty, Raj Kundra and others asked him to invest Rs 1.51 crore into the enterprise to earn a profit.

The complainant claimed he was assured that the SFL Fitness company will provide him a franchise and open a gym and spa at Hadapsar and Koregaon in neighbouring Pune, but it did not materialise, as per the FIR.

Later, when the complainant sought his money back, he was allegedly threatened, the official said quoting the complaint.

Based on the complaint, the Bandra registered the FIR under various Indian Penal Code Sections, including 420 (cheating), 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (common intention), he said, adding that an investigation into the case was underway.

This is another case against Raj Kundra, who was jailed in a pornography racket earlier this year. He is currently out on bail. Raj was granted bail by a Mumbai Court in the aforementioned case on a surety of Rs 50,000.

The Property Cell of Mumbai Crime Branch had submitted a 1500-page supplementary charge sheet before Esplanade Court in connection with the pornography case against Raj Kundra. Raj was arrested by on 19 July along with 11 other people on charges related to the alleged creation of pornographic films.

The 45-year-old businessman was released on bail two months later, in September. Soon after his release, Raj Kundra deleted all his account.

Sirf News needs to recruit journalists in large numbers to increase the volume of its reports and articles to at least 100 a day, which will make us mainstream, which is necessary to challenge the anti-India discourse by established media houses. Besides there are monthly liabilities like the subscription fees of news agencies, the cost of a dedicated server, office maintenance, marketing expenses, etc. Donation is our only source of income. Please serve the cause of the nation by donating generously.

Support pro-India journalism by donating

via UPI to surajit.dasgupta@icici or

via PayTM to 9650444033

Govt invites farmers for talks on MSP https://www.dailypioneer.com:443/2021/pioneer-exclusive/govt-invites-farmers-for-talks-on-msp.html

the quwwat ul islam mosque case (within qutub minar complex)filed by us has been dismissed.We will file an appeal. Our case is very strong on merits and i will keep fighting for restoration of our glorious past.

Read further:

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Now

Columns

[prisna-google-website-translator]
%d bloggers like this: