3.5 C
New York
Wednesday 1 December 2021

Buy now

Ad

HomeEntertainmentSameer Wankhede removed from Aryan Khan drugs case probe

Sameer Wankhede removed from Aryan Khan drugs case probe

With this, Sameer Wankhede loses five other cases, including the one involving Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik's son-in-law Sameer Khan

|

In what appears a moral victory for NCP politician Nawab Malik who had been campaigning against the Mumbai zone head of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) since the of actor Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan for possession or consumption of contraband substances, the investigation into Aryan Khan’s drugs case has been transferred from the Mumbai zone of the agency to its central team. Sameer Wankhede, zonal director of NCB’s Mumbai unit, will no longer oversee the probe.

Five other cases, including the one pertaining to Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik’s son-in-law Sameer Khan, have been transferred from the NCB’s Mumbai zone to the central zone. Sanjay Singh, the deputy director general of the central unit of the NCB, will now be the supervising officer for all five cases.

The reason the NCB is officially citing for the transfer is the “national and international ramifications” of the six cases. It says a “deeper investigation to find out forward and backward linkages” is required.

“A special investigation team [SIT] comprising officers from Operations Branch of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Headquarters has been constituted by the Director General, NCB to take over a total of six cases from NCB Mumbai Zonal Unit. No officers have been removed from their present roles and will continue to assist the Operations Branch investigation as required… It is reiterated that the NCB functions across India as a single integrated agency,” an official statement released by the central agency said.

Meanwhile, a vigilance probe against Sameer Wankhede is currently underway. The probe was initiated by the NCB after allegations of extortion were levelled against Sameer Wankhede in the course of the investigation into the Mumbai cruise drugs case.

While six cases have been transferred from the Mumbai zone to the NCB’s headquarters in Delhi, Sameer Wankhede will remain the zonal director of the NCB’s Mumbai unit.

Responding to the development, Sameer Wankhede told ANI, “I’ve not been removed from the investigation. It was my writ petition in court that the matter be probed by a central agency. So Aryan case and Sameer Khan case are being probed by Delhi NCB’s SIT [special investigation team]. It’s a coordination between NCB teams of Delhi and Mumbai.”

Mutha Ashok Jain, NCB’s Deputy Director General of the South-Western Region, said, “It was an administrative decision.”

Reacting to the development, Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik tweeted, “This is just the beginning. A lot more has to be done to clean this system and we will do it.”

Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Nawab Malik has been levelling allegations against Sameer Wankhede since the probe into the Mumbai cruise drugs case began.

An independent witness in the Mumbai cruise drugs case, Prabhakar Sail, alleged that Rs 25 crore was demanded on behalf of Sameer Wankhede to let off Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan. Aryan was arrested in the case on 3 and released on bail on 30 October.

In a notarised affidavit, Prabhakar Sail, who was the bodyguard of another witness KP Gosavi, claimed the latter had made the demand for Rs 25 crore on behalf of Sameer Wankhede. He also alleged that he was made to sign blank papers by NCB officials.

Following the allegations, the NCB launched a probe. The probe is being led by NCB Deputy Director General Gyaneshwar Singh.

On 27 October, Sameer Wankhede was questioned by the NCB’s vigilance team for more than four hours.

During a three-day trip to Mumbai last week, the NCB vigilance team recorded the statements of a total of eight people and collected important documents and recordings, as per an official.

Aryan Khan was arrested after the NCB, led by Sameer Wankhede, conducted a raid on the Cordelia Cruises’ Empress ship off the coast of Mumbai on 2 October. A rave party was allegedly taking place on the ship.

NCB sleuths said they seized 13 grams of cocaine, 5 grams of MD, 21 grams of charas, 22 pills of MDMA (ecstasy) and Rs 1.33 lakh in cash during the raid. The NCB has, so far, arrested 20 people in the case.

Aryan Khan, son of Shah Rukh Khan, was released on bail on 30 October.

Sirf News needs to recruit journalists in large numbers to increase the volume of its reports and articles to at least 100 a day, which will make us mainstream, which is necessary to challenge the anti-India discourse by established media houses. Besides there are monthly liabilities like the subscription fees of news agencies, the cost of a dedicated server, office maintenance, marketing expenses, etc. Donation is our only source of income. Please serve the cause of the nation by donating generously.

Support pro-India journalism by donating

via UPI to surajit.dasgupta@icici or

via PayTM to 9650444033

The next of kin of all those, who died of COVID-19 in Jammu & Kashmir, will get Rs 50,000 as an ex-gratia assistance from the administration, it announced on Tuesday

MPs' suspension: Piyush Goyal says Oppn should apologize for their behaviour

Read @ANI Story| https://aninews.in/news/national/general-news/mps-suspension-piyush-goyal-says-oppn-should-apologize-for-their-behaviour20211201015818/

#RajyaSabha

Σήμερα στην Επιτροπή Ελληνισμού της Διασποράς είχαμε συνεδρίαση αφιερωμένη στους Ρωμηούς της Συρίας και του Λιβάνου, με συμμετοχή φορέων εκπροσώπησής τους. #Ρωμέικο #Syria #Lebanon #Levant #Levante (1/6)

गत एक वर्ष में राष्ट्रीय नाट्य विद्यालय की प्रगति पर आयोजित पत्रकार वार्ता को सम्बोधित करते हुए अध्यक्ष, राष्ट्रीय नाट्य विद्यालय, पद्मश्री श्री परेश रावल।

4
Read further:

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Now

Columns

[prisna-google-website-translator]
%d bloggers like this: