People assume how much money the CEO of a big company would be making; they assume it would be in crores today. But the exact figures have come out now. The incomes of the CEOs of Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter and Reliance are worth crores indeed, but not always in the shape of salaries. Also, there are some professionals richer than these famous and rich heads of companies.
The salary of Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has risen by 66% in the past year. In the financial year (2018-19), Nadella received total compensation of Rs 306.43 crore, or $ 4.29 million. He had received Rs 184.28 crore or $ 258 million in the financial year 2017-18.
Google CEO Sundar Pichai receives an annual salary of $ 650,000 plus a personal security budget of $1.2 million. His annual salary is about two-and-a-half times larger than the median of Google employee salaries, who earns roughly $ 247,000 a year.
The figures denoting the salaries of the CEOs of Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter and Reliance are impressive, too. However, that may not apply if the CEO is the owner of the company as well.
World’s fifth-richest person, Facebook’s co-founder, chairman and CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s salary has been $ 1 since 2013. But Zuckerberg has total assets worth $ 69 billion. It is to be noted that the CEO of Facebook earns from profit, not from his salary.
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsi took a salary of about $ 1.40, or Rs 97 in 2018 last year. He had informed the American SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) that he did not take his salary since he became a CEO in 2018.
Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries, has an annual package of Rs 15 crore. This salary has stably stayed right there since 2008-09.
In fact, sportspersons who earn in salaries make a lot more money. Here is a list of the richest ten of them all as per the Forbes 2019 rankings.
|1||Lionel Messi||Association football||Argentina||$ 127 million||$ 92 million||$ 35 million|
|2||Cristiano Ronaldo||Association football||Portugal||$ 109 million||$ 65 million||$ 44 million|
|3||Neymar||Association football||Brazil||$ 105 million||$ 75 million||$ 30 million|
|4||Canelo Álvarez||Professional boxing||Mexico||$ 94 million||$ 92 million||$ 2 million|
|5||Roger Federer||Tennis||Switzerland||$ 93.4 million||$ 7.4 million||$ 86 million|
|6||Russell Wilson||American football||United States||$ 89.5 million||$ 80.5 million||$ 9 million|
|7||Aaron Rodgers||American football||United States||$ 89.3 million||$ 80.3 million||$ 9 million|
|8||LeBron James||Basketball||United States||$ 89 million||$ 36 million||$ 53 million|
|9||Stephen Curry||Basketball||United States||$ 79.8 million||$ 37.8 million||$ 42 million|
|10||Kevin Durant||Basketball||United States||$ 65.4 million||$ 30.4 million||$ 35 million|
Salaries of the rich who aren’t that famous
In May this year, average salaries in San Francisco in the US was found to have risen by 31% since 2018, with the city taking the crown for the highest-paying city in the world this year, according to Deutsche Bank research.
In 2019, people in San Francisco can expect to be paid an average of $6,526 per month — that’s 42% more than the average New Yorker’s income.
The highest salaries earned by other professionals from 25 other fields of work in the US follow. The most well-established in the first two professions earn more than Pichai.
The scene is dominated by doctors. Figures in parentheses denote the corresponding mean in the year 2018.
- Anaesthesiologists $ 267,020 ($ 265,990)
- Surgeons $ 267,020 ($ 265,990)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons $ 242,370 ($ 242,740)
- Obstetricians-Gynaecologists $ 238,320 ($ 235,240)
- Orthodontists $ 225,760 ($ 229,380)
- Psychiatrists $ 220,380 ($ 216,090)
- Physicians $ 203,880 ($ 214,700)
- Family and General Practice Physicians $ 211,780 ($ 208,560)
- Internists, General $ 196,490 ($ 198,370)
- Prosthodontists $ 191,400 ($ 196,050)
- Chief Executives $ 200,140 ($ 196,960)
- Paediatricians, General $ 183,240 ($ 180,010)
- Dentists $ 175,840 ($ 187,540)
- Nurse Anaesthetists $ 174,790 ($ 169,450)
- Pilots and Flight Engineers $ 169,560 ($ 161,280)
- Petroleum Engineers $ 156,370 ($ 154,780)
- Information Systems Managers $ 152,860 ($ 149,730)
- Podiatrists $ 148,220 ($ 148,470)
- Architecture and Engineer Managers $ 148,970 ($ 143,530)
- Marketing Managers $ 147,240 ($ 145,620)
- Financial Managers $ 146,830 ($ 146,290)
- Attorneys $ 144,230 ($ 141,890)
- Sales Managers $ 140,320 ($ 140,600)
- Natural Sciences Managers $ 139,680 ($ 133,670)
- Compensation and Benefits Managers $ 132,860 ($ 130,010)