Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Sadhvi Prachi, who used to make news headlines during Modi 1.0 for making controversial statements, has once again made a statement to provoke the opposition, especially the Indian National Congress (INC). Speaking in Meerut on Sunday, she lashed out at former INC president Rahul Gandhi for crimes such as Naxalism (Maoism), other forms of terrorism and incidents of rape, attributing the crimes to the “misrule” by the Nehru dynasty. The sadhvi also accused Akhilesh Yadav of giving protection to rapists.
Sadhvi Prachi called India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru the “biggest rapist” today.
The sadhvi had come to Meerut for a private programme on Sunday. Taking a dig at Rahul Gandhi’s statement of ‘rape capital’ on the recent incidents of rape, Sadhvi said that Naxalism, terrorism and rape in the country were products of the Nehru dynasty. Sadhvi Prachi targeted Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav, too, saying when he was in power, he used to offer protection to rapists while he was posturing with demonstrations now as an opposition leader.
The sadhvi praised the police for bumping off the four accused in the case gangrape and murder near Hyderabad. She said that Uttar Pradesh Police should have taken similar action after the Unnao incident, learning a lesson from Telangana Police. The sadhvi has demanded strict punishment for the culprits of the Unnao incident.
The provocative statements by Sadhvi Prachi make a long list. The year 2015 was the most eventful where she had emerged as the greatest agente provocatrice. Nine of the 10 remarks below were made that year.
1. “They are trapping our daughters through love jihad. These people who give birth to 35-40 are spreading love jihad. They are trying to make Hindustan Dar ul Islam (house of Islam),” she had said in February 2015.
2. Sadhvi Prachi had triggered a controversy in March 2015 by unleashing a scathing attack on Shah Rukh Khan, calling him a Pakistani agent who should move to that country.
3. “Why do they always look for Hindu girls for themselves? We must boycott the Khans,” Sadhvi Prachi had said in March 2015.
4. Those who do not chant “Bharat Mata ki Jai” or “Vandemataram” insult the National Flag and those who indulge in cow slaughter have no right to live in India, the sadhvi had said that very month, the same year.
6. “Why are Hindu devotees always under threat during pilgrimages, be it Amarnath, Vaishno Devi, or Puri’s Jagannath Temple? If such attacks happen I tell you hajj yatris will face consequences,” she had said in July that year.
7. The sadhvi had said the same year in August, “It is big misfortune in our Parliament that we have one or two terrorists sitting there.
8. After the lynching in Dadri, she said, “Those who consume beef deserve such death.”
9. “Gandhian ways of protests and hunger strikes were worthless in achieving freedom,” she said.
10. “I am working to make India Muslim-free,” she had said in July 2016.