Shimla: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to inaugurate the Rising Himachal Global Investors’ Meet in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur informed the Assembly on Tuesday. The prime minister most probably will inaugurate the two-day meet at Dharamshala on 7 November, he added.
Thakur stated this while replying to allegations of “putting Himachal on sale” levelled by Leader of Opposition Mukesh Agnihotri during the Question Hour. The State government is scheduled to hold the Meet in Dharamshala on 7 and 8 November to attract investment.
Promoting the event, the State government website explains why Himachal Pradesh is an attractive investment destination. “Himachal is one of the most popular and easily accessible hill States of India. People from all parts of the country as well as from different parts of the world visit this beautiful State to enjoy its natural beauty. From times immemorial, Himachal Pradesh has always been one of the greatest contributors towards building tourism, resultantly, better economic development and success for the nation,” the website says.
The Global Investors’ Meet 2019 is the flagship business event of the Government of Himachal Pradesh. The State will be organizing the inaugural edition of the marquee event at Dharamshala on 7 and 8 November. In this event, Himachal will showcase the policy & regulatory environment, investment opportunities across eight focus sectors to boost manufacturing and employment generation in the State.
The State is in an accelerated socio-economic growth phase and has transitioned from agrarian economy to industry and services-led economy. The abundance of industrial power that is amongst the cheapest in the country, open and progressive policies of the State Government backed by fast track project clearances, continuous investment in the upgrading of infrastructure development, human capital and social welfare has made Himachal Pradesh as the preferred destination in India for entrepreneurs.
Objectives of Rising Himachal Global Investors’ Meet
- To attract investment in the sectors of agri-business, food processing & post-harvest technology, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals, tourism, hospitality and civil aviation, hydro and renewable energy, wellness, healthcare and AYUSH, housing, urban development, transport, infrastructure and logistics, information technology, ITES and electronics, education and skill development
- To provide a platform to bring together heads of the State, leaders from the corporate world, senior policymakers, development agencies, heads from institutions of international repute and academia from around the world to further cause of socio-economic development in the State
- To boost the share of manufacturing in the State’s domestic product
- To generate employment opportunities and encourage entrepreneurship
- To inculcate an ecosystem that supports its stakeholders to excel in a variety of economic activities
- To promote ‘Make in Himachal’ and thereby encourage ‘Make in India’
- To boost the share of the State in the export segment
- To strengthen and empower the MSME sector of Himachal Pradesh