The government will soon launch a luxury cruise based on the epic Ramayana on River Sarayu in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. Union Minister for Ports and Shipping Mansukh Mandaviya held a review meeting today for the implementation of cruise service by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
“It will be the first-ever luxury cruise service on the Sarayu river (Ghagra/National Waterways-40) in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. It aims to give a mesmerising experience to devotees with one-of-its-kind spiritual journeys while cruising through the famous ghats of the holy river Sarayu,” the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways said today.
The ‘Ramayana Cruise Tour’ will be the first ever luxury cruise service on River Sarayu in Ayodhya. It aims to provide a mesmerising experience to devotees while cruising through the famous ghats of the holy Sarayu.
The ministry has released an artist’s sketch of the proposed cruise vessel that will be taking devotees on a ride.
Here is all you need to know about this newest project in Uttar Pradesh:
1. Tourists on this ‘Ramcharitmanas Tour’, will be able to watch an exclusively made film of 45-60 min duration, based on the Ramcharitmanas by Goswami Tulsidas. It will cover the period from the birth of Lord Rama to his coronation.
2. The tour will cover a distance of approximately 15-16 km. There will be several activities and selfie points inspired by the many episodes of television series on the Ramayana. The tour will be followed by a Sarayu Aarti. The travellers will see an exclusive film based on the Ramcharitmanas, covering the period from the birth of Lord Rama to his coronation. There will be several activities and selfie points inspired by different episodes of the Ramayana.
3. The fully air-conditioned cruise boat’s interior will depict various scenes from the Ramayana.
4. The cruise boat will seat 80 tourists and will be equipped with bio-toilets and hybrid engines system to make it environment friendly. The cruise will have large glass windows to facilitate a view of the ghats.
5. It will also be equipped with kitchen and pantry facilities for the comfort of the tourists.
6. Tourists will be able to enjoy the scenic beauty of the ghats of Ayodhya through the panoramic glass windows.
The ‘Ramayana Cruise Tour’ will not only attract a large number of tourists but it will also generate direct and indirect employment opportunities in the region. Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways will provide all necessary infrastructural support for the smooth operation of the cruise service.