Sunday 24 October 2021
- Advertisement -
HomePhysicsInformation TechnologyPUBG Mobile denied permission to launch in India despite change in ownership

PUBG Mobile denied permission to launch in India despite change in ownership

The Indian government had slapped a ban on PUBG and 117 other apps in September, amid ongoing border tensions between India and China

|

PUBG Corporation, the creator of PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG) and a subsidiary of ’s KRAFTON Inc., has been denied permission to relaunch a revamped version of the massively popular PUBG Mobile game in the country, according to RTI responses from the Ministry of and Information Technology (MeitY).

“MeitY does not grant permission for starting of any websites / mobile apps / service. Accordingly, MeitY has not granted permission to PUBG / PUBG mobile India,” the ministry said in response to the RTI filed by MediaNama. The RTI was filed to seek a response on whether PUBG Corporation or its subsidiary KRAFTON Inc. have asked for or received permissions on the relaunch of PUBG Mobile in India.

Earlier in November, PUBG Corporation, creator of PUBG had announced that it would launch a new game named PUBG Mobile India which has been created specifically for the Indian market. This development comes almost two weeks after the game stopped working for players in the country. The Indian government had slapped a on PUBG and 117 other apps in September, amid ongoing border tensions between India and China.

According to the company, and security of Indian players’ data are a top priority for PUBG Corporation and it would conduct regular audits and verifications on the storage systems holding Indian users’ personally identifiable information to reinforce security and ensure that their data is safely managed.

“To build and foster a healthy gameplay environment, in-game content will be improved and tailored to reflect local needs. Various aspects of the game will be customized for Indian gamers, such as the game now being set in a virtual simulation training ground, new characters automatically starting clothed, and green hit effects to reflect the virtual nature of the game,” the company had said in a statement.

PUBG Corporation on it’s part has made several moves to appease the Indian government so that the game can get unbanned in India.

– After Indian government banned Chinese apps on 12 September 2020, PUBG Corporation as a first move announced break-up of all ties with game publisher Tencent in India.

– Post that, PUBG Corporation officially announced that a new version of PUBG mobile catering specifically to the Indian market will be launched.

– PUBG Corp also announced investments in India.

– It was also officially confirmed by PUBG Corp that game will be hosted on the Indian servers and and no-data will go outside.

– Though not officially confirmed by PUBG Corp – but partnership with Microsoft Azure was reported in media and so was formation of the India entity of PUBG with a Indian director was formed.

But these attempts by PUBG Corp to appease the Indian government hasn’t yielded any fruits.

This situation is not changing very soon. Unfortunately, PUBG fraternity has to live with the for few more months. During these times they will also have to beware of fake reports, fake APK Links and fake registration calls.

Sirf News needs to recruit journalists in large numbers to increase the volume of its reports and articles to at least 100 a day, which will make us mainstream, which is necessary to challenge the anti-India discourse by established media houses. Besides there are monthly liabilities like the subscription fees of news agencies, the cost of a dedicated server, office maintenance, marketing expenses, etc. Donation is our only source of income. Please serve the cause of the nation by donating generously.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Now

Columns

[prisna-google-website-translator]