31 C
New Delhi
Saturday 19 October 2019
India Pawan Hans' strategic sale attempt anew for 3rd time

Pawan Hans’ strategic sale attempt anew for 3rd time

The government holds 51% stake in Pawan Hans, which has a fleet of 43 helicopters also the remaining 49% is with oil and gas behemoth ONGC

-

- Advertisment -

Mumbai: Making another attempt to exit from the chopper operations business, the government on Thursday issued a fresh bid document for strategic disinvestment in Pawan Hans, offering the company to bidders having a minimum net worth of Rs 350 crore.

The government holds 51% stake in Pawan Hans, which has a fleet of 43 helicopters. The remaining 49% is with oil and gas behemoth Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.

“The GOI acting has ‘in-principle’ decided to disinvestment its entire equity shareholding of 51% in Pawan Hans Ltd (PHL) by way of strategic disinvestment to investor(s) along with transfer of management control… In addition to the above, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has also decided, that it shall sell its entire shareholding of 49% in Pawan Hans Ltd, at the same derived price per share and on the same terms and conditions…” as per the Preliminary Information Memorandum (PIM).

This is the third time in last 16 months, the government has sought to attract a buyer for Pawan Hans, which is estimated to have posted the loss to the tune of Rs 72.42 crore in the previous fiscal.

The last date for submission of Expression of Interest (EoI) is 22 August 2019, and intimation to the short-listed bidder is 12 September.

The government has appointed SBICap as its advisor to advise and manage the strategic disinvestment of PHL (“Proposed Transaction”).

According to the 122-page PIM, the bidder should have a minimum net worth of Rs 350 crore. In the earlier bid document, this amount stood at Rs 500 crore.

In the case of the consortium also, the combined net worth of all the members of the consortium should be Rs 350 crore, the Preliminary Information Memorandum document stated.

For entities which are Air Transport Service Operators (ATSOs) and hold up to 51% equity share capital of the consortium, the net worth limit and profitability will not be applicable.

Subscribe to our newsletter

You will get all our latest news and articles via email when you subscribe

The email despatches will be non-commercial in nature
Disputes, if any, subject to jurisdiction in New Delhi

Leave a Reply

Opinion

Karva Chauth: Faith, legend behind viewing the moon through a sieve

The legend and Karva Chauth rituals vary across Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and, in south India, Andhra Pradesh

Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir, Here We Come!

Study Wuhan and Mamallapuram in the backdrop of the fact that things are not quite working out in China-Pakistan economic relations, notwithstanding the urge of the communist state to contain India and that of the Islamic state to challenge it

Slowdown Has Reasons Other Than GST, Demonetisation

When all economic sectors decline, the mood of the market turns sombre, turning investors all the more reluctant to pump in money; the interdependence of industries means that the slowdown suffered by one would affect many

Where China & India, Resisting & Improving Democracy, Meet

What you see in Hong Kong is China resisting democracy; what you see in Kashmir is India promoting it; a reasonably capitalist China does not offer freedom politically but India, held back at times by the choice of the people, is still opening up; there could be a point of convergence as the two nations move in opposite directions

Omega-3: Study published in BMJ claiming no benefit for type 2 diabetes has myopic vision

Most respondents in the omega-3 study published in the BMJ are from Europe and North America; such results can hardly be applied worldwide
- Advertisement -

Elsewhere

Pakistan under Indian pressure freezes terrorists’ accounts

The global community is crediting Indian diplomacy at the FATF via Asia Pacific Group with forcing Pakistan to take this action under the 4th Schedule of its Anti-Terrorism Act

Delhi police stations may come under Islamist suicide attack

Tight security arrangements have been made in about 200 police stations of Delhi; people visiting police stations are being closely monitored

Mexico deports 311 Indians trying to infiltrate into US

One of those deported from Mexico narrated how dead bodies of others who had tried to sneak into the US were strewn around in a Panama forest

CCTV camera catches killers of Kamlesh Tiwari

Police began scrutiny of footage from CCTV cameras in the neighbourhood soon after the murder of Kamlesh Tiwari; the killers have been traced but not yet identified

ISIS emerges as most probable killer of Kamlesh Tiwari

The assailants who came to kill Kamlesh Tiwari were carrying two kinds of weapons, a knife and a gun, but they did not shoot and kill him

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

%d bloggers like this: