[dropcap]D[/dropcap]urgapuja is just a few days away. Without kucho-nimki or namakpare, plates of sweets during Bijoya Dashami look incomplete. So those who are still thinking of making some nimki do it fast and store it before the actual Puja celebration starts.
- Maida (Refined Flour): 1 cup
- Salt: ½ tsp or as per taste
- Oil: 2 tsp
- Water: 1/3 cup or as required
- In a large mixing bowl sieve the Maida (flour). Add salt, ajwain and oil in the flour. Mix everything into flour.
- Add a little water at a time and start kneading the dough.
- Once kneaded keep the dough aside to rest for 10 mins.
- Make balls of equal size from the dough
- Take a Maida dough ball on rolling board and roll into round 6-7 inch wide roti.
- Cut different shapes using a knife: diamond, parallelogram, rectangular or square shape.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Check if oil is hot enough by adding a small piece of Maida dough.
- Once the oil is ready add the roti slices to oil and deep fry it till it turns golden in colour.
- Once fried, take the nimki out and place it on kitchen paper towel for soaking extra oil.
Your nimki is ready.