The Ministry of Railways has released its new All Indian Railway Time Table known as Trains at a Glance (TAG), which has come into effect from 1 September. In addition to TAG, all the 17 Zone Railways have released their Zone railway time tables, which have come into effect from the same date. Passengers are advised to refer to the new timings with effect from 1 September before starting the journey.
Following are the links a visitor on the website gets to access:
The salient features of TAG 2014 are as under:
- Encouraged by the public response over the past few years, all the user-friendly features of TAG, namely how to read a table, route map, station index, trains between important stations, station code index, train number index, train name inside etc have been retained.
- Commercial information of passenger use and interest, namely advance reservation period, reservation through internet, Tatkal scheme, refund rules and rail travel concessions have been suitably updated.
- Information regarding vigilance organisation, public grievance machinery, disaster management and catering services have been incorporated.
- Railways Budget 2014-15 announcements: The mail/express services (introduction, extension and increase in frequency of the existing services) that have been announced in the Railway Budget – 2014 (in February and July)/announced in the Parliament have been incorporated in the new TAG: 138 new introductions, 15 extensions and 5 increases in frequency of existing services. The details of these train services are given in Table 1 below.
- For the first time, connectivity to Katra station (Jammu & Kashmir) and Naharlagun (Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh) has been provided and included in TAG 2014-15. Further, Mendipathar in Meghalaya will be included in the Zone Time table (as Guwhati-Mendipathar passenger has been announced in the Railway Budget).
- In addition to the brief description of Rajdhani, Duronto, Shatabdi, Jan-Shatabdi, Sampark Kranti, Double Decker, Yuva Express in the early pages of TAG 2014-15. Description of premium trains with commercial stoppages has also been provided in the early pages.
- Some important stations (new stations) have also been incorporated in TAG: Naharlagun, Murkongselek, Baiyapanahalli, Harmuti etc.