Sunday 24 October 2021
- Advertisement -
HomePoliticsIndiaMan dies in Nair Hospital after getting sucked into MRI machine

Man dies in Nair Hospital after getting sucked into MRI machine

|

MUMBAI: A 32-year-old man got sucked by an Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) at Nair Hospital, in Mumbai Central when he was accompanying his relative patient towards the ward. He died two minutes after the shocking incident.

The incident took place around 8:30 PM on Saturday when Rajesh Maru, the deceased, was taking his mother-in-law (60), to ward for further test. The relative gets inside the MRI room in Nair Hospital when a ward boy asked him to take the relative’s oxygen cylinder inside.

“When we told him that metallic things aren’t allowed inside an MRI room, he said ‘sab chalta hai, hamara Roz ka kaam hai’ (it’s fine, we do it every day). He also said that the was switched off. The doctor, as well as the technician, didn’t say anything,” said Maru’s relative Harish Solanki, whose mother was the patient.

“As soon as Rajesh entered with the cylinder, it turned out that the was on,”  Solanki said. The metal in the cylinder activated the machine’s monstrous magnetic field, pulling in both the man and the cylinder with great force, eyewitnesses said. His hand got stuck in the machine along with the cylinder, triggering a massive oxygen leak.

Solanki and the ward boys managed to pull him out of the but his body was swollen and he was bleeding heavily. He was rushed to the emergency ward where he died within 10 minutes.

“It’s because of their carelessness that Rajesh died,” Solanki said, blaming the staff for negligence and demanding action against the erring doctor and ward boy.

The family member said there was no security guard or a technician near or inside the ward to tell him that not to carry an oxygen cylinder with them. As they both went into the started pulling the stretcher of the patient in. On learning this, he went forward to help her out but he himself got sucked in.

An FIR has been registered with Agripada station against the Nair hospital authorities under Section 304 of IPC, confirmed Deputy Police commissioner, Virendra Mishra.

“It was a shock for us to know that Rajesh died. It is just because of the carelessness of hospital’s doctors, and technical carelessness. It is the duty of the doctors and technicians to tell relatives what precautions to take. The MRI was on when Rajesh was called in. As he entered the room the machine took him in with force. He died in 2 minutes. Since then no hospital authority has approached us accepting their mistake” said Maru’ s relative Naranbhai Jitiya. Maru’s body is now kept at JJ hospital for Post-Portem.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis announced compensation of Rs 5 lakh for Maru’s family. The filed a First Information Report against Dr Siddhant Shah, ward boy Vitthal Chavan and ward attendant Sunita Surve under Section 304A.

Sirf News needs to recruit journalists in large numbers to increase the volume of its reports and articles to at least 100 a day, which will make us mainstream, which is necessary to challenge the anti-India discourse by established media houses. Besides there are monthly liabilities like the subscription fees of news agencies, the cost of a dedicated server, office maintenance, marketing expenses, etc. Donation is our only source of income. Please serve the cause of the nation by donating generously.

Siddharth Raghuvanshi
Editorial Assistant of Sirf News with experience in covering sports and entertainment for Navbharat Times and Network 18's IBN Lokmat

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Now

Columns

[prisna-google-website-translator]