In a huge relief for the film industry, the Maharashtra government has allowed the reopening of cinema halls, multiplexes, drama theatres in areas outside containment zones from 5 November.
Yoga institutes outside containment zones, swimming pool facilities and indoor sports will resume on 5 November in the state.
All cinema halls and multiplexes were closed since lockdown was imposed to curb the spread of COVID-19 in March. However, as the Unlocking unfolds, the cinema halls, theatres have been granted permission to reopen keeping all COVID-19 protocols in mind.
Maharashtra COVID-19 protocols
People have to adhere to strict COVID-19 protocols inside the cinema halls.
- Only 50% capacity will be allowed inside the cinema halls. One seat distance will be maintained between two people keeping social distancing in mind amid the pandemic.
- No eatables will be allowed inside the cinema halls. Thermal checking, masks and time to time sanitisation will be mandatory for all.
- The temperature inside the auditorium will be ranging from 24-30 degrees Celsius.
- The cinema halls need to have a staggering show timing among different screens in order to have enough time for sanitisation of seats and the rest of the area in the halls.
The Centre had already allowed reopening the cinema halls from 15 October, however, the state had not come to a conclusion till now. However, the multiplex owners welcomed the state circular on 4 November.
According to report, a government official said that “Maharashtra has slowly and steadily unlocked most of the activities. “The only sectors that are left to open up are places of worship and educational institutes, and a decision on that will be taken post-Diwali.”
Sports facilities reopen today
Not only cinema halls and theatres but sports facilities reopen from 5 November in Maharashtra.
- Indoor halls for sports like badminton, shooting are allowed to open keeping proper sanitisation and physical distancing in mind.
- Yoga institutes are allowed to operate with physical distancing. However, no Zumba or dance has been permitted yet.
- Swimming pools have been permitted only for training of the sportspersons at state, national or international level. The state government had already allowed gymnasiums to open.