Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narottam Mishra has threatened to order demolitions of buildings that housed miscreants who threw stones at Ram Navami processions on Ram Navami and later. “जिस-जिस घर से पत्थर आए, उन्हें पत्थर का ढेर बना दिया जाएगा (the houses from where stones were thrown will be reduced to rubbles of stones),” Mishra said.
The Madhya Pradesh government has taken strict action on the incident of stone pelting on Ram Navami processions in Khargone and Badwani. But after these towns remained peaceful on 11 April, another incident of stone pelting was reported from Rahimpura at around 11 PM. The miscreants set fire to two buses parked on the same Khandwa road.
Explaining when the Madhya Pradesh government plans to carry out the demolitions, the state home minister said, “It won’t be late.” This action was indeed visible on Monday. Five bulldozers reached the Mohan Talkies area a few hours after the home minister made the statement. A municipal campaign to remove the encroachments started with officials marking about 50 houses.
According to the Indore commissioner, 84 people have been arrested so far for the violent incidents on Ram Navami.
Before the latest incident in Rahimpura, Mishra had said, “At present, there is peace in Khargone. Adequate police force is present. A curfew is in place. The rioters are being marked continuously. Every house from which stones were thrown will be reduced to a debris of stones.”
“The (Madhya Pradesh) government is completely strict in this matter. No one has any right to disturb peace and order in the state. We will not allow anyone to spoil the atmosphere,” Mishra had said.
Muslim groups threw stones at Ram Navami procession in Khargone on Sunday evening. More than 24 people including policemen were injured in this incident.
Police forces have been deployed in sensitive areas after the incident. Khargone is still under curfew. Sendhwa of Barwani, Madhya Pradesh, from where a similar incident was reported, is quiet too.