-0.7 C
New York
Tuesday 30 November 2021

Buy now

Ad

HomePoliticsWorldIndian soldiers at LoAC will open fire in self-defence, India tells China

Indian soldiers at LoAC will open fire in self-defence, India tells China

Meanwhile in the course of bilateral talks, China has begun admitting before the Indian side it lost men in the Galwan Valley clash

|

India has told China in the latest round of bilateral talks that its soldiers will open fire to defend themselves. India has said the Chinese tactic of “using mass” — or seeking to outnumber Indian soldiers, like in the 15 June Galwan Valley clash — will not be tolerated, top government sources said.

There is no sign of disengagement on the ground in Ladakh. India and China have been locked in a stand-off since April. Both sides have dug their heels in. The standoff is likely to continue through the region’s bitter and maybe beyond, the sources said. The Chinese have deployed around 50,000 soldiers and weapons, including missile systems, tanks and artillery, at the border.

The ground situation in Ladakh remains volatile despite the Chinese apparently adopting a reconciliatory approach during different levels of dialogue. According to China, India has changed its rules of engagement for the Line of Actual Control (LoAC). The enemy says the Indian side did not take recourse to firing of shots before the standoff under a bilateral agreement. But the Indian Army does not hesitate since the 15 June Galwan Valley clash, China says.

The clash had resulted in the death of 20 Indian soldiers, including a commanding officer, and 35 Chinese troops.

“We have told our soldiers that they can open fire if there is a fear of their own safety. They can fire for self-defence,” a source said, adding that China has been told the same.

Sources say there is no question of believing China’s words of peace unless their deeds on the ground match up. The sources further say that China has acknowledged during the talks that the PLA lost more men than the Indian Army in the Galwan Valley clash even though they don’t admit it in world forums.

Chinese soldiers far outnumbered Indian troops during the Galwan Valley clash, which took place after a disengagement effort went awry.

“The Chinese tactic was to come in large numbers with clubs and crude weapons and surround Indians, who followed the laid-down protocols and moved in a much lesser manner,” one of the sources quoted above said.

“According to the agreement, both sides are supposed to have a 15-20-member-strong patrol team. Over the last few years (since Doklam), the Chinese started increasing numbers,” the source added.

Sources said since the intervening night of 29-30 August, when Indian soldiers moved in to capture several heights near the southern bank of the Pangong Tso, there had been a number of occasions when shots were fired in the air.

Indian Army, PLA dig in heels for a long ahead

Both sides, sources said, were likely to stay deployed in the forward areas of Ladakh through the winter. China insists on disengaging from the southern bank of the Pangong Tso first while India has been clear that it has to happen in in all areas simultaneously.

“India is of the opinion that since it was the Chinese who initiated the aggression, they should be the first one to start disengaging,” a source added.

The sources admitted that while India has been seeking complete disengagement and status quo ante (return to positions before the stand-off began, following Chinese incursions in April), the current positions will continue to be held for some time, as reported by ThePrint earlier this week.

“I can’t put a time-frame on when the disengagement will happen. The position stays as it is,” one of the above-mentioned sources said.

Sirf News needs to recruit journalists in large numbers to increase the volume of its reports and articles to at least 100 a day, which will make us mainstream, which is necessary to challenge the anti-India discourse by established media houses. Besides there are monthly liabilities like the subscription fees of news agencies, the cost of a dedicated server, office maintenance, marketing expenses, etc. Donation is our only source of income. Please serve the cause of the nation by donating generously.

Support pro-India journalism by donating

via UPI to surajit.dasgupta@icici or

via PayTM to 9650444033

ಆತ್ಮನಿರ್ಭರ್ ಕಿಸಾನ್ ಭಾರತವು ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಗೋಧಿ ರಫ್ತುದಾರನಾಗಿ ಹೊರಹೊಮ್ಮಿದೆ.
ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್-ಜನವರಿ ಅವಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರತವು 2-2.5 ಮಿಲಿಯನ್ ಟನ್ ಗೋಧಿಯನ್ನು ರಫ್ತು ಮಾಡಿದೆ.
ಜಾಗತಿಕ ಮಾರುಕಟ್ಟೆ ಎಂಟು ವರ್ಷಗಳ ಗರಿಷ್ಠ ಮಟ್ಟಕ್ಕೆ ಏರಿದೆ.

माता बगलामुखी शक्ति का साक्षात् स्वरूप हैं जो अपने भक्तों के दुखों और दुष्टों का विनाश करने के लिए प्रत्येक क्षण तैयार रहती हैं।

#Haryana Chief Minister #ManoharLalKhattar (@mlkhattar) on Tuesday said continuous efforts are being made to strengthen the economic condition of the farmers and encourage them towards trade and market.

Photo: IANS (File)

Uttarakhand becomes 1st state to free mandirs from state grip.

Opposition sees ‘appeasement’. BJP slams 'secular hypocrisy'.

Join the big debate on #IndiaUpfront with @RShivshankar at 8 PM, only on Times Now.

Send us your questions using #HinduAasthaFreed

Ajeet Bharti roasts SC and HC judges without mincing words. Simply brilliant. A heroic effort in flawless Hindi. Hats off. Our virtue signalling upper judiciary fully deserves it.

https://youtu.be/wWS9ZaoE6bg

Read further:

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Now

Columns

[prisna-google-website-translator]
%d bloggers like this: