New Delhi: Student-researchers at IIT Kharagpur have developed a mobile application that identifies fake notes of high denomination. A group of six students of the department of science and engineering at the institute have developed the code for the app that detects fake notes.
This is an image processing app through which it can be easily detected whether the note is real. For this, first of all, the app needs to be installed on the phone, after which the picture of the note must be uploaded.
The app will validate the authenticity of the note on the basis of 25 distinguishing features on the back and front of the note. If it’s a counterfeit note, it will inform the user as much.
Anyway, this is not the only way in which counterfeit notes can be detected. The RBI equips every Indian note with security features for identifying counterfeit notes.
In the interest of our readers, here are the security features of the highest-denomination note, checking which you can identify the notes without the IIT Kharagpur-made app.
Security features of Rs 2,000 note
- The new note has a picture of ISRO-made spacecraft Mangalyaan on the back.
- The basic colour of the note is pink. There are many designs, geometric patterns and colour schemes in the note, which can be seen and felt.
- The size of the new note is 66×166 mm.
Security features of Rs 500 note
- The Reserve has issued this note in the Mahatma Gandhi series too.
- The basic colour of the note is brown. There is an image of the Red Fort on the rear face. Also, there are many designs, geometric patterns and colour schemes in this note, which can be seen and felt.
- The size of this note is 66×150 mm.