Friday 27 January 2023
- Advertisement -
HomeVideosFather receives death threats from Shehla Rashid

Father receives death threats from Shehla Rashid

Abdul Rashid Shora, the father of rabble-rousing activist and former communist student union leader in JNU Shehla Rashid, has approached the office of DGP, and Kashmir Police with a written complaint that he is facing death threats from his own daughter. Former general secretary Jammu and Kashmir Peoples’ Movement Shora has sought security cover from the DGP.

In his letter addressed to the DGP, the father of the agente provocatrice has alleged that his elder daughter Asma Rashid, his Zubeida Shora and one of the security guards, Sakib Ahmad, have stood in support of Shehla Rashid.

Shora informed the DGP that soon after Shehla Rashid joined mainstream politics, the threats to his life accentuated.

The father has claimed that just two months before the arrest of Zahoor Watali in a terrorist-funding case under the UAPA, Zahoor Watali and Rasheed Engineer (Ex-MLA) had called him at Watali’s residence at Sanat Nagar, Srinagar, in June 2017. Shehla Rashid was in the last semester of her in sociology in JNU at the time.

Shora said that Watali and Engineer showed to him a promotional video of the launch of the JKPM party and urged him to cooperate by asking Shehla Rashid to join the party. Shah Faesal was then in the US on an leave under the patronage of Watali and Feroze Peerzada who is now the president of JKPM.

“They offered me during the meeting Rs 3 crore for Shehla to join these notorious people,” Shora wrote in his police complaint.

“As I felt that the money was coming from illegal channels and shall be used for unlawful activities, I did not take the money. Later, I asked my daughter to not entertain such transactions with these people,” Shora wrote.

However, Shora continued, “Despite my resistance, I found my Zubeida Shora and elder daughter Asma Rashid to be supportive of Shehla and becoming party to this deal.”

The father said daughter Shehla Rashid introduced a person called Sakib Ahmad, who lives downtown, to him as her personal security guard. Ahmad used to carry a pistol with him.

After a week when Shehla came to Srinagar from Delhi, she allegedly confirmed to her father that she had got the amount transferred in cash in at Delhi and that there was no need for Shora to disclose anything regarding this transaction or his meeting with Engineer and Watali with anybody. That was the first time, the father says, the daughter issued a veiled threat to him, saying making such a disclosure could put my life in danger.

Shehla allegedly told her father that she had accepted the money and much more was about to arrive in future. “So, I need to shut up my mouth,” Shora complains.

“As a concerned father, I strongly objected to my daughter’s decision for joining these notorious people as I felt the money would be used for unlawful activities,” Shehla’s father wrote to the police.

Shora strongly believes that there are “anti-national activities going on in my house”. “The characters involved in this plan are my daughters, my and Shehla’s security guard, namely Sakib Ahmad, who has of late threatened me with his pistol for my resistance,” the beleaguered father says.

“Sakib and other suspicious people frequented my house. I was continuously threatened to leave the house,” Shora says.

Shehla Rashid and her mother then allegedly “hatched a conspiracy to throw me out of the house by filing a complaint under the provisions of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act in the court of the third additional munsif (magistrate), Srinagar”.

Shora says the court restrained him from staying any longer in his own house! Despite getting a legal remedy from the court of the second additional sessions judge, Srinagar, who allowed him to stay at his residence with some conditions, “the local police failed to implement the court order and let me live in my house”.

Since local police did not accompany Shora to his residence as per the court order, the father of Shehla Rashid says, he went home that day all alone, carrying the court order. On entering the house, Shora was reportedly threatened for life by Sakib and his armed associates. Fearing for his life, Shora fled Srinagar and moved to Jammu.

“I, therefore, humbly request you to ensure my personal security and kindly direct the concerned police station to extend their support to me in getting back to my house as per the court order,” Shora wrote to the DGP. He said further that he had requested the officer to order an investigation into the conduct of Sakib and his associates, bank details of Shehla Rashid, Asma Rashid and Zubeida and Sakib, the acquired by them in New Delhi, their email accounts and their mysterious financial dealings with Feroze Peerzada, Zahoor Watali and Rashid Engineer and “notorious activities” by their NGO “Empowerment of Women and Social justice”.

- Advertisment -