The Yogi Adityanath government of Uttar Pradesh has ordered a complete shutdown of coronavirus disease (COVID) hotspots in 15 districts to curb the spread of the China-origin biological agent. The order will come into force with effect from this midnight and continue till 15 April.
The state government has assured the people that all essential services will be home-delivered. At the same time, people will not be allowed to move out.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Rajendra Kumar Tiwari said that those carrying curfew passes will have to get them reviewed.
The 15 districts where hotspots will be shut down are
- Gautam Budh Nagar (Noida)
- Saharanpur and
Tewari had earlier said that all 15 districts would be sealed. In a subsequent statement, ACS (Home) Awaneesh Awasthi clarified that only the hotspots in these 15 districts will be. “The hotspots in these districts will be completely sealed. Only medical vehicles will be allowed and no one will be allowed to perform any other activity,” he said, adding that the decision had been taken on the directives of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath after he held a review meeting.
“All coronavirus hotspots in 15 districts will be completely sealed till April 15 morning. Only home delivery will be allowed. These are places where a number of cases have been found,” Director, Information Shishir said.
These districts recorded the maximum number of COVID cases. The Yogi government has made six cases as the cut-off mark. If a district has more than six cases, its hotspot areas stand sealed.
Thirty-seven districts of Uttar Pradesh as such have reported COVID cases, with the total rising to 326 patients on 8 April.
Of these 326 patients, 166 are members of bio-terrorist Tablighi Jamaat.
The state authorities have as yet identified 1,600 people associated with the Tablighi Jamaat. Of them, 1,200 have been quarantined.
The number of deaths due to COVID in Uttar Pradesh is three — one each from Basti, Meerut and Varanasi.