The winter season has arrived. A lot of winter vegetables are available in the market now. One can buy fresh aromatic cauliflowers from the market. Keeping in mind the season and its vegetables, here is my recipe. You may find the preparation different; it also brings in a different taste.
- Cauliflower: 500 g
- Peas: 100 g
- Bay leaf: 1 pcs
- Cardamom: 4 pcs
- Cinnamon stick: 1 pcs
- Ginger paste: 2tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp or as per taste
- Ghee: 2 tsp
- Oil: 2 tsp
- Curd: ½ cup
- Cashew paste: 2 tsp
- Coconut paste: 2tsp
- Sugar: 1½ tsp or as per taste
- Salt: as per taste
- Garam masala powder: ½ tsp
- Heat some oil in the kadahi. Fry the cauliflower pieces for some time till it turns light golden in colour.
- Now add 2 spoonful of ghee in the same oil and add 4 pieces of cardamom, a cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf. Fry till the spicy aroma comes out.
- Add ginger paste, red chilli powder and curd. Fry it till the oil separates.
- Add, cashew paste and coconut paste. After 2-3 minutes, add cauliflower and peas, and keep stirring. Add sugar, salt to taste and a little water.
- Check if the cauliflower is cooked. When it is cooked, and the gravy appears thick, add some garam masala, stir and keep it aside.
- You can serve the cauliflower korma with Basanti pulav.