All the accused, including Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan, who had been arrested after they were questioned in the wake of 2 October night’s raid on a cruise ship off Mumbai coast, were sent to further NCB custody till 7 October.
The accused were produced in court on 4 October. NCB had sought custody for Aryan till 11 October. NCB had said that ‘shocking, incriminating material’ was found on Aryan’s phone.
Lawyer Satish Maneshinde, appearing for Aryan Khan, had earlier said that no substance seized from his client was in contravention of the NDPS Act. “If any substance is seized from any other person (co-accused), that doesn’t make any ground to take my client into custody,” he said.
The NCB had earlier said that there was material in the form of WhatsApp chats against the three, allegedly ‘showing nexus with peddlers and suppliers on regular basis’. The three are booked under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act related to charges of possession, consumption and sale of illegal substances.
Apart from Aryan Khan, seven others Arbaaz Merchant, Munmun Dhamecha, Nupur Sarika, Ismeet Singh, Mohak Jaswal, Vikrant Chhoker and Gomit Chopra had been arrested following the raid on 2 October. The arrest was made in connection with the seizure of 13 gm cocaine, 5 gm MD, 21 gms charas, and 22 pills of MDMA, totally worth Rs 1,33,000 from him.
A special holiday court had earlier remanded Aryan Khan, Munmun Dhamecha and Arbaaz Merchant in the NCB’s custody till 4 October. The anti-drugs agency had kept a close watch on the cruise ship event for 15-20 days after receiving information that a drug party will be organised. After confirmation, the NCB conducted the raid on Saturday, officials earlier said. They had said the NCB may question officials of Delhi-based event management company Namas’cray, registered as Caneplus Trading Private Limited, and officials of the cruise company, Cordelia Cruises.