Wednesday 25 May 2022
- Advertisement -

Ansar, who attacked Hanuman Jayanti procession, known criminal

Mohammed Ansar was previously involved in two cases of assault and arrested repeatedly under preventive sections and booked five times under Gambling Act & Arms Act

Join Sirf News on

and/or

Mohammed Ansar, the resident of Jahangirpuri who is accused of attacking a Hanuman Jayanti Shobhayatra last Saturday, has been involved in two cases of assault before. He was arrested under precautionary sections and a case was registered against him under gambling and arms laws.

Videos showing Ansar mocking the system by posing like the protagonist of recent hit film Pushpa while being brought to the Rohini court following his arrest have gone viral on social media.

The wife of 35-year-old Ansar claims that her husband is innocent. Seeing the situation getting out of control, she claims, her husband got involved in the mêlée while his was reconciliation. According to the FIR lodged at Jahangirpuri police station, when the procession reached near the mosque of Jahangirpur C-block at around 6 PM, a rumour spread in the Muslim-dominated neighbourhood, inciting the locals.

Ansar innocent, claims wife

Ansar’s wife Sakina claims that he had gone to Wazirabad to buy a laptop and at around 6.30 PM he said that he was very hungry and asked to keep the food ready. Sakina, a mother of five, said that when her husband returned from Wazirabad, she served food for all in the family.

Sakina said, “It was during this time that he got a call and he told me that there was a big fight outside. ‘Leave the food for now’. He said that it was necessary for him to be there to settle the matter; otherwise, people might lose their lives in the fight.”

Sakina says that Ansar ran to the spot without carrying his phone, but now (police) is blaming him. Ansar’s wife said that the Hanuman Jayanti procession had passed through the area twice earlier but during the third time, it coincided with the time for Muslims to end their fast for the day in the ongoing month of Ramzan.

Putting the blame on Hindus, Sakina said, “They had come prepared; otherwise, how could they have sticks, bottles and other things? When they reached in front of the mosque, they were asked to reduce the noise, but they continued. My husband is also injured.”

Sakina said, “He was hit with a bottle in the presence of policemen… My husband is innocent.”

Sakina’s account matches neither with the visuals nor with the content of the FIR.

The

According to the FIR, the procession left the EE-block of Jahangirpuri at 4.15 PM and passed through several places along the fixed route and reached outside the mosque at around 6 PM. It states that Ansar came with four or five people and started arguing which later turned violent.

According to the preliminary report recorded in connection with the violence in Jahangirpuri last Saturday, the altercation between one of the alleged main conspirators and those in the Hanuman Jayanti procession had taken the form of stone pelting and violence.

Rapid Action Force (RAF) has been deployed in the area.

“After Delhi’s sensitive incident, a flag is being conducted by police with the goal to create an atmosphere of faith and security for the public. I appeal to the public to maintain peace and not pay heed to rumours,” said Love Kumar, joint police commissioner (law and order).

Union Home Minister Amit Shah spoke with Delhi Police commissioner and Depender Pathak over Jahangirpuri violence and asked them to maintain law and order.

Ansar has criminal record

According to the police, Ansar was found to be previously involved in two cases of assault.

“During the investigation into a case in Jahangirpuri violence, one of the conspirators namely Ansar has been arrested. He was found to be previously involved in two cases of assault and was also arrested repeatedly under preventive sections and booked five times under Gambling Act & Arms Act,” Delhi Police said.

The police arrested also a 21-year-old Mohammed Aslam who had allegedly fired a bullet that hit a sub-inspector, Medha Lal.

The cops recovered a from Aslam, a resident of a slum cluster in Jahangirpuri’s CD Park, which he allegedly used during the commission of crime.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northwest) Usha Rangnani said an FIR had been registered on Saturday under sections 307 (attempt to murder), 120 B (criminal conspiracy), 147 (rioting) and other relevant Indian Penal Code and the Arms Act sections.

“Nine people have been arrested so far in connection with the FIR,” she said. Later, she said five more arrests were made.

“One of the accused persons, identified as Md Aslam, opened fire that hit a sub-inspector of the Delhi Police. The used by the accused during the commission of crime has been recovered from his possession,” Rangnani said.

Aslam has also been found to be involved in a case registered at Jahangirpuri police station in 2020 under Sections 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code, she said.

Contribute to our cause

Contribute to the nation's cause

Sirf News needs to recruit journalists in large numbers to increase the volume of its reports and articles to at least 100 a day, which will make us mainstream, which is necessary to challenge the anti-India discourse by established media houses. Besides there are monthly liabilities like the subscription fees of news agencies, the cost of a dedicated server, office maintenance, marketing expenses, etc. Donation is our only source of income. Please serve the cause of the nation by donating generously.

Join Sirf News on

and/or

Similar Articles

Comments

Scan to donate

Swadharma QR Code
Advertisment
Sirf News Facebook Page QR Code
Facebook page of Sirf News: Scan to like and follow

Most Popular

[prisna-google-website-translator]
%d bloggers like this: