The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has announced the names of its candidates in all 70 seats for the Delhi assembly election. The party has again reposed trust in 46 sitting MLAs. The special thing is that the AAP has decided to contest the legislative election for the 3 candidates who lost the Lok Sabha election last year. The AAP has given tickets for leaders like Ram Singh and Shoaib Iqbal who left the Congress.
It was being said that the AAP would not give tickets for the assembly election to the candidates who had fought the Lok Sabha election. But there are 3 such names in the list of AAP who had contested the last Lok Sabha election in Delhi and had to face defeat. The party has fielded Dilip Pandey from Timarpur seat. He had contested from the North-East Delhi Lok Sabha seat in the 2019 Lok Sabha election. Similarly, Atishi, a candidate from East Delhi in Lok Sabha election, has been fielded from Kalkaji assembly seat. Raghav Chadha, who contested the Lok Sabha election from South Delhi seat, has been nominated from Rajendra Nagar assembly seat.
The AAP, which won 67 seats out of 70 last time, has cut the tickets of many of its MLAs. Prominent among them are Pankaj Pushkar from Timarpur, Aseem Ahmed Khan from Matia Mahal and Narayan Dutt Sharma from Badarpur. Virendra Singh Kadian has been given the ticket for commando Surendra from Delhi Cantt. Similarly, Rohit Kumar Mairolia has been given a ticket after deducting Raju Dhingan ticket from Trilokpuri.
AAP has fielded former MLA Shoaib Iqbal, who recently quit Congress and joined AAP, from Matia Mahal and Ram Singh Netaji from Badarpur seat. Similarly, Vinay Mishra has been made a candidate from Dwarka by cutting the ticket of MLA Adarsh Shastri.
New names in AAP list place of current MLAs
- Dilip Pandey is the candidate instead of sitting MLA Pankaj Pushkar from Timarpur.
- Jai Bhagwan Upkar has been made a candidate refusing to renominate sitting MLA Ramchandra from Bawana.
- Dharmpal Lakra is the candidate of Mundka rather than Sukhbir Dalal
- AAP makes Rajkumar Anand a candidate after cancelling ticket of Patel Nagar to Hazarilal Chauhan
- Princess Dhillon is made a candidate by denying Jagdeep Singh’s ticket from Hari Nagar
- Vinay Mishra has been given a ticket after depriving Adarsh Shastri of Dwarka
- Virendra Singh Kadian has been given the ticket in the place of commando Surendra from Delhi Cantt.
- Raghav Chaddha is the candidate instead of Vijendra Garg from Rajendra Nagar.
- Atishi Singh has come in place of Avatar Singh from Kalkaji
- AAP gives Ram Singh Netaji a ticket after denying Narayan Dutt Sharma from Badarpur
- Rohit Kumar Mairolia gets a ticket after and Raju Dhingan is not repeated from Trilokpuri
- Kuldeep Kumar gets in while Manoj Kumar does not get the ticket for Kondli
- Abdul Rahman is nominated by depriving Haji Isharaq of Seelampur.
- AAP does not nominate Choudhary Fateh Singh for Gokulpur as Chaudhary Surendra Kumar walks in
- Shoaib Iqbal is given ticket from Matia Mahal in place of Asim Ahmed Khan
AAP candidates for seats whose MLAs have quit
- Mukesh Kumar Ahlawat from Sultanpur Majra
- Rajesh Naama Bansi Wala from Rohini
- Prahlad Singh Sahni from Chandni Chowk
- Dhanwati Chandela from Rajouri Garden
- Bij June from Bijwasan
- Deepak Singla from Vishwas Nagar
- Naveen Deepu Chaudhary from Gandhinagar
- Haji Yunus from Mustafabad
- Durgesh Pathak from Karaval Nagar
8 women candidates
- Rakhi Bidlan: Mangolpuri
- Vandana Kumari: Shalimar Bagh
- Atishi: Kalkaji
- Pramila Tokas: RK Puram
- Rajouri Garden: Dhanwanti Chandela
- Hari Nagar: Princess Dhillon
- Bhavna Gaur: Palam
- Sarita Singh: Rohtas Nagar