This morning local time an explosion, now officially considered a terrorist incident, was reported on atrain which was stopped at Parsons Green in south-west London. The explosion has been officially confirmed caused by an placed in a white bucket inside a shopping bag. Reports also indicate a timer attached to the explosive. At least 29 people were injured, said this afternoon.
Officers and ambulance staff were on the scene this morning, with reports of burn and crush injuries. Detectives and MI5 were investigating.
BBC News presenterdescribed seeing a woman on a stretcher with face and leg burns.
In a statement after the incident, British Prime Ministersaid, “My thoughts are with those injured at Parsons Green and emergency services who are responding bravely to this terrorist incident.”
From Wikinews under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence
- Union minister asks Karnataka govt not to invite him to Tipu Jayanti event - 21 October 2017
- Radicalisation in Kashmir due to social media: Army Chief - 21 October 2017
- Indian juggernaut up against Kiwi grit - 21 October 2017
- 2.5 million people died because of pollution in India: study - 21 October 2017
- Shikhar and Rohit to open innings against New zealand: Kohli - 21 October 2017