This morning local time an explosion, now officially considered a terrorist incident, was reported on atrain which was stopped at Parsons Green in south-west London. The explosion has been officially confirmed caused by an placed in a white bucket inside a shopping bag. Reports also indicate a timer attached to the explosive. At least 29 people were injured, said this afternoon.
Officers and ambulance staff were on the scene this morning, with reports of burn and crush injuries. Detectives and MI5 were investigating.
BBC News presenterdescribed seeing a woman on a stretcher with face and leg burns.
In a statement after the incident, British Prime Ministersaid, “My thoughts are with those injured at Parsons Green and emergency services who are responding bravely to this terrorist incident.”
From Wikinews under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence
- IMA strongly opposes draft bill that seeks to replace MCI - 17 December 2017
- कोयला घोटाला- मधु कोड़ा को तीन साल की सजा, 25 लाख जुर्माना - 16 December 2017
- BJP terms Congress as a ‘corrupt thought process’ - 16 December 2017
- Rahul’s leadership brings a new sense of dedication: Manmohan - 16 December 2017
- US may stop work authorisation to spouses of H-1B visa holders - 16 December 2017