Dimapur: The Naga People’s Front (NPF) today appealed to the NSCN(K) to renounce violence and come back to the negotiating table with the Union government, which is the ardent desire of the Naga people.
The central office bearers (COB) of the NPF, in its meeting held on Wednesday at their central office, Kohima, appreciated the Union government for extending an invitation to the working group of the Naga National Political Groups (NNPG) for political negotiation. They reiterated their support to the ongoing peace process and talks between the NSCN(IM) and the Union government.
The NPF claims it has been one of its unwavering stands that the exercise to seek a solution to insurgency should include all stakeholders so as to bring permanent peace in the region.
The NNPG consists of all other Naga groups fighting for bringing a solution to the Naga political issue. The NSCN(K) is not part of the NNPG at present.
The COB reaffirmed its unflinching support to the leadership of its president, Dr Shürhozelie Liezietsu.
The meeting resolved to endorse the president to summon the meeting of the Central Executive Council (CEC) to deliberate upon the issue of separatism as well as fix the date and venue for the upcoming general convention of the NPF.
Shürhozelie later informed the press that he had convened the next central executive council meeting on 20 October at the organisation’s central office in Kohima at 10.30 am.
- Hitler’s ‘mad drug’ entering India via Rohingya infiltrators - 19 March 2018
- Naqvi offers ‘chadar’ at Dargah Ajmer Sharif on PM Modi’s behalf - 19 March 2018
- Rahul attacks PM Modi on problem of unemployment - 19 March 2018
- Delhi using colour-coded map for faster approval of building permits - 19 March 2018
- Vladimir Putin wins fourth term with landslide vote - 19 March 2018