Dimapur: The Naga People’s Front (NPF) today appealed to the NSCN(K) to renounce violence and come back to the negotiating table with the Union government, which is the ardent desire of the Naga people.
The central office bearers (COB) of the NPF, in its meeting held on Wednesday at their central office, Kohima, appreciated the Union government for extending an invitation to the working group of the Naga National Political Groups (NNPG) for political negotiation. They reiterated their support to the ongoing peace process and talks between the NSCN(IM) and the Union government.
The NPF claims it has been one of its unwavering stands that the exercise to seek a solution to insurgency should include all stakeholders so as to bring permanent peace in the region.
The NNPG consists of all other Naga groups fighting for bringing a solution to the Naga political issue. The NSCN(K) is not part of the NNPG at present.
The COB reaffirmed its unflinching support to the leadership of its president, Dr Shürhozelie Liezietsu.
The meeting resolved to endorse the president to summon the meeting of the Central Executive Council (CEC) to deliberate upon the issue of separatism as well as fix the date and venue for the upcoming general convention of the NPF.
Shürhozelie later informed the press that he had convened the next central executive council meeting on 20 October at the organisation’s central office in Kohima at 10.30 am.
- IMA strongly opposes draft bill that seeks to replace MCI - 17 December 2017
- कोयला घोटाला- मधु कोड़ा को तीन साल की सजा, 25 लाख जुर्माना - 16 December 2017
- BJP terms Congress as a ‘corrupt thought process’ - 16 December 2017
- Rahul’s leadership brings a new sense of dedication: Manmohan - 16 December 2017
- US may stop work authorisation to spouses of H-1B visa holders - 16 December 2017