Washington: Scientists at NASA and European Space Agency have spotted the return of Comet 96P using the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) – making it the spacecraft’s most frequent cometary visitor.
The comet entered the lower right corner of SOHO’s view on October 25, and skirted up and around the right edge before leaving on October 30. SOHO had also spotted comet 96P in 1996, 2002, 2007 and 2012.
- Vandemataram College chairman challenges Sukhbir Badal - 24 November 2017
- Indian bowlers bundled out defensive Sri Lanka for 205 - 24 November 2017
- Sukhbir seeks PM’s intervention in renaming of Dyal Singh - 24 November 2017
- Mamata welcomes ‘Padmavati’ team to Bengal - 24 November 2017
- Ram temple will be built at disputed site in Ayodhya: RSS chief - 24 November 2017