Canberra: The Australian federal government has blocked the Under-19 men’s team of North Korea from entering the country. “Hosting the team would be contrary to the Government’s strong opposition to North Korea’s illegal nuclear and missile development programmes”, Australian foreign affairs minister Julie Bishop told the yesterday.
A Victorian government spokesperson said the match would be rescheduled, and played outside the Australian borders at a “neutral venue”. ‘s statement said they “respect[ed]” the federal government’s decision.
Hong Kong and the Northern Mariana Islands are the other two counties in the same group with North Korea and Australia. In March, a qualification match between Malaysia and North Korea for 2019’s was rescheduled after Kim Jong-Nam‘s death at , half-brother of North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-un. On September 28 the match was postponed — by this time, its third postponement — after the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs barred Malaysians from travelling to North Korea.
Last month, at the UN general assembly, US president Donald Trump had said the US “would […] totally destroy North Korea” if the US had to defend the US and its allies from North Korea. In the revised list of travel bans, Trump banned North Koreans from entering the US.
From Wikinews under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence
- 39 भारतीयों के मुद्दे पर नाकामी छुपाने के लिए डेटा लीक प्रकरण—राहुल गांधी - 22 March 2018
- महिला टी-20 — ऑस्ट्रेलिया ने भारत को 6 विकेट से हराया - 22 March 2018
- एक्सिस बैंक के दो बड़े अधिकारियों का इस्तीफा - 22 March 2018
- चौदहवें दिन भी लोकसभा में हंगामा जारी, कामकाज ठप - 22 March 2018
- ताजमहल को संरक्षित रखने के लिए विजन डॉक्यूमेन्ट का पहला ड्राफ्ट पेश करे यूपी - 22 March 2018